Monday, February 17, 2020

Good Monday Morning!

     It's a mild one here in this part of North Carolina.  I always enjoy my neighborhood early morning.  It's quiet and the birds are at the feeder.  Too early in the year for the deer to be in the woods behind our house, but soon we'll be seeing, not many, but a couple or three deer eating at the young and tender spring growth.  They never stay too long but we're always happy when we're blessed with their appearance for a few minutes.
     Our son, Skeet, is down from NH, and he and Guy, our younger son, have put in the windows in my she shed.  I should be getting so much more  natural light when enjoying the shed now.  Next step with the shed though, is to insulate and put the walls up.  A picture of it now, and come spring, in front of this window will be lots of native flowers for the Monarch's and bees.  So right now, it looks very bare.  I have six windows all together now.


I have a little more stitching done on "Spring Renewal" and I'm finally really enjoying the stitch.  It's still a lot of very few stitches with many colors resulting in lots of threading the needle over and over again.  The colors are beautiful though, and now I can see the beginnings of the little village in the piece.



I also put in the designed box of this past week in on the 52 Week SAL.  So it's coming along as well and while waiting for the next block, I may start the outlining in black between each of the blocks I have now.  Some pretty borders out there by the ladies who are doing this SAL, and I haven't decided yet on any one in particular.



     Now! The last freebie I posted was indeed a design by Durene Jones.  I contacted her, to make sure that it was okay that I did post it, and she was kind enough to tell me that it was fine.  Any of her free designs can be posted in the future, which I may occasionally do, but for now, I would like to direct you all to a couple of sites where you can see all her beautiful charts.  Many are free, but she also has many for sale at very reasonable prices.  I really like her use of colors.  So please drop over and see her and her work at  here or at her Etsy shop.  "Durene Jones Etsy Shop".  Here below are the two charts I've ordered from her.  I love them both so much!


I was very surprised  a couple of days ago.  A very sweet friend of ours, Jeanne, crocheted a top for me that I just love! She knows how much I love greens of all shades, so chose the variegated green yarn.  She does beautiful work, and thank you again Jeanne.  I'll have Bill take a picture of me wearing this and will post it here again sometime soon.



          I'll be busy over the next couple of days.  I've neglected the book we're reading from our local library club, so need to finish it.  "The Orphan Train" is really an easy read, but like any other book.....it won't read itself to me! So I may not be back for a day or two.

     Until I am indeed back with another post, please be safe and well.  Look around you so you can once again, "feel the colors".  Love you all.


14 comments:

  1. Your she-shed is looking good and glad you have more windows. What a beautiful top your friend crocheted for you! You picked up some super looking designs from Durene's Etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin! Thanks for stopping in. You have a wonderful rest of the week.

      Delete
  2. Love your she-shed. Perfect. Our cabin is a lot like that only 12x24 inside with an attached covered porch. It's our home away from home. I have two bird feeders down there and just love watching the birds munching away. We get deer here at our home in the backyard. They love the corn we throw out for them. They are sure beautiful animals aren't they? Durene Jones doesn't gorgeous pieces. I have stitched many and will many more. Love the two patterns you picked out. Oh that top is beautiful. My son's favorite color is green too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie! Was just over to your blog, and I did find the stitchotomy site. Signed up for the new SAL. Thank you for posting it! Do you have any photos online of you shed home! I would love to see it!

      Delete
  3. Love your she house and your stitching .You will so enjoying sitting in there I love mine in the summer it is wonderful .
    Enjoy your week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once the insulation is in and all, I hope to be able to spend time in there year round. I do enjoy the quiet and the fact that something I start doesn't have to be put away immediately.

      Delete
  4. How exciting to have a she shed!!! How nice that your friend crocheted you at pretty top! Morning time is my favorite...I had about 8 deer this morning waiting for their treat of apples...they know my schedule!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so neat Mary, to have that many deer at once. We start putting out the apples and corn right about this time of year. That way, they'll keep coming back. We really enjoy them.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog. It's always nice to meet new bloggers.
    Pretty stitching and being a cat lover the kitty charts are adorable and so bright and colourful.
    Loving your new crafting space, what a fabulous place that will be. I'll look forward to seeing what beautiful creations you make in there in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely be making lots of neat things and doing a lot of stitching as well in my new she shed. You have a great week Julie and thank you so much for stopping in my friend.

      Delete
  6. Oh wow, how exciting to have a she shed being built for you!
    Your village is coming along beautifully. One of these days I hope to start the blackwork piece, I like your colours.
    OMGoodness, those black cats are adorable!
    What a lovely vest that Jeanne made you, I hope you get to wear it often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for you lovely comment. There are so many people with the blackwork SAL, and the colors they're choosing are beautiful. The borders as well. I think you'll enjoy the piece.

      Delete
  7. Love your She Shed and I hope you get to ha e lots of great “me” time in there. Your village looks great and I love the floss color you are using in the SAL. Your friend was so nice to make you that lovely sweater! Hope you were able to get your reading in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been reading up a storm Faith! The book is a good one and I have basically put it aside in place of my stitching. I do plan on really enjoying my shed! You have a great week Faith!

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...