Thursday, April 2, 2020

Not Today

     I was thinking last night that I would pack a nice picnic lunch for today! That we would go for a trail walk.  A chance to get out and enjoy the sunshine.  Woke up this morning to 40 degrees and windy! The sun is shining though, but at this temperature, we would surely be too cold.  So, Not today.  Think about it though.   On a trail or a riverbank.  On a back road in a sunny spot you happen to see, or even in your own backyard.  Get out that blanket to sit on.  Pack up a nice lunch and go for it.  The time in the sun will indeed lift your spirits.  So I'm planning on tomorrow.

     I've caught up on my letter writing, and got a gift sent out to my sweet cousin.  Today, I'll concentrate on cleaning and organizing our bedroom and bath.  The older I get, seems the lazier I get, and it shows indeed.  I keep thinking though, that I feel so good when I get a job done, and today's job will do it again for sure!

     God is so good.  With all the virus taking so many people and throwing this world into a scary place, He still brings us beautiful things.  A couple of pictures taken this morning.  The dew was still on the flowers and all.



A closer picture of the Spider Wart.


And just look at the frilly stems on this shrub out in our front yard!




One thing that I have discovered here at the house, is that we are picking more often between meals! All good food for the most part, but we just realized that we're doing it! I enjoy cooking, but seems that lately, we just have a lot of diy meals! One of us may have just a sandwich, while another may decide on leftovers.  We're eating well indeed, but last night I decided on an old simple family favorite.  Plain old american goulash! We loved it as kids and then my own loved it.  Now the grands and great grands are enjoying it as well.  I always make sure that there are lots of the tomatoes and juice.  I used to make it with just the ground beef, tomatoes and macaroni.  It has been just the last couple of years that I started to saute chopped onions and celery in with the beef.  Gives it an all together different taste that we all enjoy.  Something so simple fills our bellies and brings back good memories.


I would love to hear from y'all.  Let me know what dishes bring back those good memories for you! Some I can think of.........Salmon and peas in a white sauce over saltine crackers.  Shepherd's pie.  Fish chowder.  Stuffed peppers.

Now beside my letter writing, I have done some of my stitching as well.  Am seeing grass and bunnies on my spring piece.  A white picket fence and flowering shrubs as well.



Another couple of squares on the SAL.  The one I'm working on now, isn't quite finished.


     Oh! Wondering how many of you crochet or knit! I'm a follower of Scheepjes, and I really enjoy working with the whirls.  Beautiful colors! Look at this mandela here.  This is approximately three feet in diameter and used just one skein of whirl yarn.  The yarn itself comes in so many different colors, which can be seen here, https://www.scheepjes.com/en/yarn/whirl-817/


I nearly forgot! My beautiful Wisteria is in full bloom.


And the aroma is delicious!


     Now, I really need to let you go to enjoy your day.  I'll be in that room that I mentioned earlier, straightening things out and putting things away..
     Until next time, remember that I love each and every one of you.  Stay safe and stay well please, and of course, look around you and "feel the color"


12 comments:

  1. LindaLee, I think you should still have that picnic of yours. Put the blanket in front of a sunny window or door and eat your meal. Your stitch is looking good. Even with the gloom this virus is creating, God's beauty still shines through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually went out on our porch and had the picnic Robin. Just took our time and had a cup of coffee just to enjoy the outside. I agree! God's beauty does always shine through. He walks every step with us. Thank you for stopping in Robin my friend. You take care.

      Delete
  2. Oops, forget the dishes that bring back memories. Macaroni & cheese (especially the baked variety) always reminds me of my grandmother as does her version of goulash. Good old-fashioned meatballs remind me of the meatball grinders during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh. My mom made the best baked macaroni and cheese. I haven't been able to copy it with much success. Mine is good, but hers was better.

      Delete
  3. Your wisteria is just gorgeous!! I walk everyday and it sure was windy and cold yesterday, I even put on my winter hat!! My husband made Beef stew for dinner yesterday!! The goulash looks so good, I think I'll make that as I have everything on hand. My comfort foods are macaroni and cheese, meatloaf and spaghetti and meat sauce. I am working on a crochet cowl and I had bought wool to knit fingerless gloves before this started. Haven't had the concentration to start though. Stay well. Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always good to have you stop in Mary, and I do hope that this finds you doing real well.
      I love a homemade stew myself, and on a cold night or a chilly day, there's nothing like it.
      I too have projects that I haven't started, Mary. They'll be there when we do get to them though. Just enjoy each day whether you have needlework in your hands or not. I do think though that we're so blessed to have hobbies to enjoy during this awful virus. You stay well and safe Mary. Love you my friend.

      Delete
  4. Stunning wisteria, is delightful.
    Great mandala, so colourful.
    We've been enjoying a cup of tea and a slice of homemade cake at 4pm each afternoon.
    Tomorrow we are supposed to be a little warmer and the promise of some sunshine, lunch outside in the garden might happen here too.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers LindaLee! You certainly have the touch with them. The bunnies are looking adorable and you are doing great on the SAL. I too make goulash and sometimes I just open up the fridge and see what is in among the leftovers and throw it in the pot too! They never know what may be in their bowl! Hope you didn't have to clean your room all day and you got to enjoy some sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Faith!
    I did get to that room and was so pleased when I was finished up with it. A few things to throw out and some things going to the local Good Will store. Always feel good when a large project is completed.
    I do the same with soup as you do with the goulast. Any leftovers get thrown in, and it always tastes good.
    Thank you for stopping in Faith, and for leaving your comment.
    You take care and be well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh we love Goulash. Your stitching is looking fantastic. Lovely photos of your plants. We love eating lunch at our campground while being outside. Just perfect to enjoy nature while eating yummy food. I look forward to warmer temps when we can do that again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katie. Thank you for stopping in my dear friend. Our warmer weather is getting here. We do have more days where we don't need a sweater than not now. I love my walks and especially at this time when we all have to stay close to home. You stay well my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love being outside, but the rain today is not enticing! But there is still beauty out there and the leaves are green. Your Wisteria is gorgeous.
    I've been making different meals, going meatless is definitely a change!
    I hope you are doing well, and still stitching away.

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...