Wednesday, January 12, 2022

A Whole New Year

      Yes! Here we are in a whole new year.  A whole year to recoup from last years COVID and all the different strains of it.  Then you have the flus and the colds.  I wish and pray you all well and that you're gaining your strength back.  I hope also, at this time, that you are all warm and safe.

     I'm pretty excited about this new year and the cross stitching I have in front of me.  First though, I did finish the Colorful Flower piece and gifted it to a dear friend in NH.  I really enjoyed the stitch and wish I had taken a picture of it all framed up before I sent it off.  This is it below though.


This week I'm working on "Grey Alien".  He's been in the stitch line for a while now, but he is coming along.  I can finally see the eye and one nostril! Way to go me! LOL  I have to be honest and say that
I was having a hard time with this one for a while.  Just not a lot of difference between many of the colors.  The stitch just seemed to drag along and I started to get bored.  If it were for myself, I probably would have just put it away.  It's a gift though and little by little, Grey started to look like something.  
 I did say, "This week", and what I mean by this, is that I have taken my eight unfinished pieces, "WIPs" and have started a rotation plan.  I'm really enjoying the way I'm doing it.  I worked on Quaker Welcome until the first motif was finished.

  I'm doing it in green.

There are more WIPs but won't post pictures at this time.  Next time maybe.  
     Did I show you my pumpkin pillow! We did this over at my group, LindaLee's Cross SAL, and it was a quick, easy and colorful stitch.  Some of the members framed it, and I made the pillow.

     We had fun at our local senior center for Halloween.  Had a nice party with games and prizes as well as a nice lunch.  Here's Bill and I below.  We do have fun!

Then again below at Christmas, with my ugly sweater gift!
     I've been reading a lot and have been getting together, online, with my grand daughter-in-law to talk about the books.  We'll choose a book and then we both read the same one.  It has really helped me get back into my reading, and I have really enjoyed it.  
     I have missed you all and hope this does find you all well and warm.  It is my prayer for each of you to have 2022 be the best year yet in your lives.
     Keep those fingers busy, and remember to "Feel the colors",


6 comments:

  1. I missed not seeing your post. glad you are okay. Love the big rainbow flower. I like the halloween pillow and your outfits.
    All the best in 2022, health, love and be safe. big hugs Lynda Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES , good to have you back , great stitching .
    looks like you have been having lots of fun .
    Happy New Year to you and your family .

    ReplyDelete
  3. LindaLee: What a fun post, the flower is amazing and so bright with color, that eye of the Alien is really showing progress, you have put in so many stitch's.
    Nice start on the new design, the pillow is adorable, perfect coordinating fabric, I bet that was a fun SAL.
    Cute costumes for both of you, super fun
    Ugly Christmas sweater, even Santa drinks beer, giggles.

    Have a lovely day
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could never attempt an eye like that, the detail is amazing!! Love the Quaker in green. How much fun are those costumes!!! Happy to see you blogging again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just sent a request to join your group. I just LOVE your pillow. So beautiful. Love the fun photos of you. Looks like a lot of fun indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flower is so colourful and beautiful, I'm sure friend loved it!
    Oh my, that is one big eye! Does it bother you to have it stare at you while stitching?
    Welcome Friends is going to be lovely in green.
    I don't remember if I commented on your pillow on fb, but that is a sweet finish.
    You two are so cute together, you know how to have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...