Friday, November 17, 2023

Another Pretty

      I told you the yellow was coming, and here she is below.  One of my favorites.  These beautiful plants would never grow for me.  For years they would just stay as green as ever but never got any larger and never would bloom.  When we moved down here to NC, I started putting them outside in early spring and would bring them in when we got our first frost warning.  Well my goodness! They now grow like crazy and blooms galore every year! I've even been able to start new from cuttings.  God sure does know how to please this senior citizen! 




Close to the end of the third skein of yarn on this blanket, and I do hope that it will be large enough to take to church.  The fan stitch is easy to do and the rows add up quickly.  I'm really enjoying making them.


I've been enjoying the birds feeding right outside the window here for a couple of weeks now.  Bill built a shelf feeder and put it even with the bottom of the glass, so when the birds land, you see them real well.  Took them a few days to get used to it, but they're slowly getting used to it.  The  Hummingbirds are all gone now, but I've cleaned the feeders and have one back up at the said window for the Orioles.  They surprised us last year by showing up at one of the feeders that I hadn't taken down, and stayed with us through February.  This picture was from last year, and taken with the screen down.  Will get a better picture this year.
  

Bill is on a heart monitor now, for a couple of weeks.  Have to make notes when there are any incidents.  He has been having breathing issues as well as dizzy spells, so his heart doctor has schedules a nuclear medicine stress tests in January.  I didn't realize how often Bill's breathing was strained until I had to start making the notes.  I think I have mentioned the dementia as well.  So if you think of it, please keep him in prayer.  Lots of changes going on.  

Once again, I'm going to let you go for now.  Needing to get some housework done.  Dang work never goes away, and the older I get.........!  Love you all.  You have a great day and don't forget to "feel the colors".














2 comments:

  1. Bless you both , I know it's so hard for you to.
    Beautiful post of colours , and pretty bird .
    Good to see you are still busy with your crafts .
    Prays for your hubby , have a lovely peaceful weekend .
    Hugs June,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post is a radiant example of brilliance! Insightful, well-articulated, and truly valuable. Thanks for sharing your perspective.

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...